UHCG FZE on behalf of UnitedHealthcare Global Medical are currently inviting applications from experienced and self-motivated Occupational Health Physician’s to join the Occupational Health Team based in Aberdeen.
The Aberdeen Occupational Health Department provides support, a health screening service and clinical advice to company employees in Aberdeen offices, remote sites around Scotland and a number of offshore medics on Platforms in the North Sea. The role is working within the Oil & Gas Industry and the Medical Adviser will be under the supervision of the UK Health Manager.
The current workload requires a Medical Adviser for 30 hours per week. A job share could be considered.
- To provide expert medical advice, guidance and support in specific fields of occupational and environmental health to management and staff in line with standards, protocols and business performance monitoring and reporting.
- To undertake a variety of occupational health assessments including but not limited to; pre-employment, offshore medicals, transfer medicals, short and long term business assignment medicals worldwide, consultations, fit to return to work medicals and ill health retirement and pension criteria reviews.
- To support the client with new health business initiatives where practically feasible and provide input into ways of working that helps delivers efficiencies.
- Fitness to work planning, assessment and screening as per company standards and protocols and the OGUK Medical Aspects of Fitness for Offshore Work Guidance.
- All types of health surveillance required as per company protocol and in compliance with UK legislation
- Sickness Absence Case Management including periodic review with Management and Human Resources. Return to work rehabilitation. This requires managing a database with monthly reporting of sickness absence in terms of days lost, incidence new cases and nature of illness.
- Proactive liaison with General Practitioners and Medical Specialists in relation to employee illness and medical incapacity
- Provision of Medical Emergency support at the office site where the need arises. It should be noted that immediate first aid will be provided by the floor stewards and security.
- Liaison with Health Providers and major contractors in respect of Medevac and incident management
- Advice and medical assistance to offshore medics and other HSE personnel
- Assessment, diagnosis, investigation and incident reporting of Occupational Illness cases
- Maintain records of all consultations and input health data into the health records
- Communication and presentations to management and employees on health related topics
- Review and analysis of health data for benchmarking and management reports in relation to early and successful return to work. Preventable medevacs, identification of hot spots within the business in relation to sickness absence and proactive management.
- Business partnering on shared vision aspects with regards continuous improvement, ongoing efficiency savings with a focus on delivering value for money and cost saving opportunities.
- Perform a leadership role within the clinic to ensure that continued progress against plans are made
- Involvement in 1 or more of the project items of company priorities
- Attend required regional and global meetings along with regular attendance at clinic/team meetings and any wider HSE team meetings in order to continue the understanding of the business and keep traction on areas of work and demonstrate progression of these
- Comply with company health policies & procedures
- Assist in any training/development opportunities for staff which also includes the medics’ forum and training for medics beginning to undertake the medical assessment part of the OGUK medical offshore
- Attend any meetings on behalf of the company